My eyes are bigger than my stomach,and I like to put too many eggs in my basket!

School is starting soon for kids, and frankly, I'm a little relieved, even though every summer seems to not be long enough for everyone.  I'm getting pretty sick of the weird schedule I was keeping  for my students' sake.  At the beginning of the summer, I looked at all those huge gaps I was going to face and just shrugged and thought, "eh, it'll just force me to practice more."  Wrong!  I'd shop instead, or browse the internet, or read a book---anything OTHER than practice. 
So in about two weeks, the fall schedule will begin and I'll be limiting my teaching to after 3pm only.

In other news, my husband signed both of us up for a 20K next month.  Next month! Ummmm, yeah...we'll see how that goes.  He did it last year and really liked the location; it's at Hocking Hills, OH and I hear it's beautiful.

Oh, and here's a picture of me crossing the finish line at the Dublin 5K last week:

I'm the one with no bib number, since I didn't register.  I didn't really care too much about getting another t-shirt or getting a pass to the Irish Fest since I didn't make it out there anyways.

We did go to the Columbus Zoo for hubby's company picnic and it wasn't very enjoyable since it was horrendously hot that day.  My parents came into town later that evening to help move some furniture out of our condo into my brother's new apartment.  Oh yeah, my brother moved back to Columbus.  Yay! 

On Sunday, we all went to a hole in the wall restaurant called Nancy's Place on High street.  I recommend it if you're ever in the downtown Columbus area.  It has limited seating, but still very cool; a little diner like with huge portions of homemade southern cooking and other stuff.  I got a Garbage Omelet and by the time I was done, it looked like I hadn't even made a dent.  I was embarrassed to waste so much food, but it was honestly way too much for me to handle.

Since the 20K will be here before I know it, I will have to be more disciplined about how much I'm running throughout the week.  I have this Friday completely off (my last Friday off:( ), so I'm thinking about running a good portion of the Olentangy Trail to see if I can top my last long run, which was over 8 miles.  Can I do 10 miles?  I don't know--we'll see!

This Saturday, I'm playing a 3 hour gig (wedding + cocktail hour), and even though wedding music tends to be a joke, it's weirdly been a long time since I've played a wedding, and I haven't been good about consistently practicing my instrument.  So, I'll be practicing more than usual this week so I don't sound like crap and embarrass myself in front of the other musicians I'm playing with.

Sorry my posts haven't been too interesting lately; I just honestly lack the energy and steam by the time I get home to put any kind of serious thought into more exciting topics.  I'm old.  I'm almost 30! (JUST KIDDING. 30 is the new 20, etc.:P)

Have a wonderful week!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)