Vocalise


Once a year, hubby and I play the obligatory church service at his hometown church in Middletown, OH, and every year, he stresses out over what to play since he doesn't really "play" his violin anymore.  Last year, he lifted a piece by Vivaldi and wrote it out on Finale since it was nowhere to be purchased or found since apparently the only evidence of some of these violin concerti is on a recording by Pinchas Zukerman.  Probably one of the better concerti Vivaldi wrote, but, unfortunately, they are not available for the public to play.  I played the tutti part on the organ and he played a simple part on the violin and it was gorgeous.  This year, when Ryan asked me what we should play, I at first suggested just an easy duet for two violins; but after more thought, I remembered Vocalise by Rachmaninoff which I've always wanted to play (on either violin or piano).  So that is what we'll be playing this Sunday.

I am cheesy, but what is not to love about this piece?  Especially when played by Itzhak Perlman.  Enjoy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Vocalise and played it on viola for my senior recital (trumpet major - viola minor).

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)