Tell the ones you love...

On August 7th, food blogger, Jennifer Perillo, lost her husband, Mikey, to a sudden heart attack.  I read about her tragic story through a few other blogs that I read, but you can go to her blog directly and read for yourself about how much she loved her husband and how everything she did or made was inspired by or made for him.

I know people experience pain and loss every single day, but every time I read a personal account, it opens up another window of realization that life is so precious and unpredictable.  We may try to control what does and doesn't happen in our lives, but in the end,  we don't really have as much control as we thought we did.

I read about Jennie's loving memories of her husband and about their two young daughters, and I wonder if that could ever happen to me once my husband and I start a family.  Of course it could.  How would I possibly get through it?  People do get through it because they have to.  No other choice.  But what a strong and emotional reminder to treat the ones you love and cherish with all the tenderness and care in the world today because there really is no guarantee of a tomorrow.

If you read this or Jennie's blog, give someone you love dearly a hug or a phone call to emphasize how important they are to you.  I know I'm going to make sure I squeeze my husband extra hard when he comes through the door after work tonight and hold him just a little longer.

P.S.  If you'd like to help Jennie and her family through this, here are two links for Jennie's Fund that have been started to help her and her family get through this difficult time:

http://glutenfreegirl.com/a-fund-for-jennie/

http://www.bloggerswoborders.org/2011/08/we-are-bloggers-without-borders/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)